Friday, 24 April 2015
Top 5 Takeaways from Westcoast's April Gen9 Technical Training Session
We are reaching the dawn of a new era of IT, and the most exciting shifts of our time in the tech world are underway.
With IT becoming more and more critical to business success, traditional infrastructure approaches are no longer good enough in ensuring the efficiency expected in today's ever changing business landscape.
So it's time to reimagine the server and step into the light of the Compute era for better business outcomes and, with HP leading the journey for redefining compute economics, our Gen9 Technical Training session this month allowed our partners to learn more about the technical aspects of the next generation of servers.
We are really pleased with how the training went and have had some great feedback from attendees that it was of great value. So, for those that didn't make it, we wanted to share with you the highlights from April's Gen9 Technical training in order to ensure our partners have every success in adopting the new style of IT!
Take a look at our top 5 Takeaways from the Event:
1. Infrastructure matters – and Compute is its Engine
There is increasing pressure on a business' IT to quickly and efficiently deliver more applications and services – not to mentioned to try and store and deliver exponentially increasing amounts of data at the same time – Oh and then trying to do all that while reducing costs!
How would yesterday’s servers ever conquer these challenges with their manual complexity, and expensive, over-sized, siloed, inefficient... (Need we go on?!)
Compute is THE ONLY way to go to overcome the above and beyond to allow maximum operational efficiency, business expansion, and increase the whole customer experience.
2. HP's Gen9 Portfolio has been streamlined for greater efficiency
Every growing business is committed to efficiency! The streamlined nature of the Gen9 portfolio makes it far easier and faster for the customer to position the right server for the right workload - delivering flexible, scalable computing resources that are aligned to their business goals.
3. Introducing the rack and tower Gen9 Family and meet the new additions for April!
HP ProLiant rack and tower servers represent the industry’s trusted portfolio of multi-workload servers built for today and tomorrow.
- 10 series: Simple, easy to deploy, affordable servers, designed for the right-sized first time workload deployment for SMB
- 100 series: Optimized with the right balance of storage, performance, efficiency and manageability to address multiple workloads for growing SMB and Enterprise
- 300 series: THE industry-standard, tailored with flexible choices for compute intensive workloads requiring high system performance, manageability, expansion and security for SMB, Enterprise and HPC businesses
- 500 series: Designed for today’s most demanding scale-up workloads, delivering unparalleled scalability, reliability and availability to confidently unleash the power of your business data for Enterprise and HPC businesses
And HP has just released two new Tower servers aimed at small and medium sized businesses. The HP ProLiant ML10 v2 and ML110 Gen9 servers:
- ML10v2: Ideal first server for small businesses to run general purpose applications
- ML110 Gen9: Performance optimised, expandable and affordable tower server designed to meet SMB compute demands
4. You can now write your own scripts with new API for Gen9
Now, you can reduce server configuration complexity for Gen9 servers and standardise server interactions through a single programmable interface! The HP RESTful Applicable Programmable Interface (API) tool enables you to write your own scripts for configuration, inventory, and monitoring of ProLiant Gen9 servers
5. So many ways to managing Gen9 servers
Server manageability could not be easier now that there are multiple ways to manage the Gen9 servers – all completely dependent on your requirements:
On Cloud - Using Insight Online cloud-based management for service ticket and warranty tracking, plus health & alerting
On Premise - Using HP Oneview for Converged management of servers, storage, and networks with automation simplicity
On System - Using HP iLO Management and Smart Update enabling setup, health and alerting, and firmware maintenance
To advance in the compute era, choose HP ProLiant Gen9 for breakthrough innovation in cost of service, time to service, and value of service for you customers. ….
For more information about the HP Gen9 family and help in positioning these products and solutions to your customers, HP have put together a great sales pack that will walk you through Gen9 transitions, some quick platform reference guides, intel processor comparisons and much more.
< Download the Sales Pack here >
PLUS, as a Westcoast Partner, there are even more reasons to choose HP Gen9 – including exclusive rewards, ongoing support, customisable marketing collateral to send to your customers and much more!
Speak to your account manager today: 0118 912 6000